Understand user expectations
Onboarding is all about accompanying new customers in using a product or service they wish to purchase and is an integral part of the customer experience, whether it be online or at the point of sale. Analyzing the needs of your target audience is essential to provide a successful digital experience.
For which goals? Adapt the journey according to profile audience and build an effecient loyalty strategy. What are mobility users looking for today?
- Speed 44% of consumers who rented a car in the last 12 months plan to use a mobile app to directly access their vehicle and avoid waiting in line at the rental agency.
- Customization 71% of consumers expect customized interactions with companies. And when it’s not the case, 76% feel frustrated: standardized information is no longer enough, nor are principled answers.
- Mobility Plane, train, car, electric scooter… Consumers want to be able to book a transportation service from any location and any device. And all the various experiences on all media have to be consistent and transitions between each element must be fluid.
- Fidelity 88% of customers will remain loyal to a company that continues to keep in touch after onboarding (online or in a physical store). The brand has to therefore stay in touch with the user after the purchase: sending a thank you message, a satisfaction questionnaire, advice on how to use the product, etc.
KYC Process: Engage your users with a smooth and enjoyable journey
Whether it’s to buy a ferry ticket, offer a carpooling ride or book a plane ticket, the identity of users has to be verified. This is where the KYC (Know Your Customer) process comes in, combining smoothness and security!
KYC and mobility: how does it actually work?
The KYC process allows companies to get to know their customers by ensuring that the person behind the screen is who they say they are. For example, a user who wants to rent a car will need to provide a driver’s license and proof of address, in addition to identification.
These documents will be remotely automatically analyzed and verified in real time. Only 12 seconds are needed to guarantee the authenticity of an ID document: the data is extracted and verified in real time.
Car rental, public transport subscription… How is the KYC process relevant?
The KYC process being fully integrated in the onboarding digitalization, friction points are avoided and any feeling of frustration is eliminated. The users are guided through verification procedures so they can easily and quickly access the contract.
Driver’s license, ID: how to ensure data security?
Another dimension of a successful digital experience is Data Privacy. How so? Firstly, travelers are sensitive to the security of their personal information. Secondly, companies need to secure their transactions (driver’s licence control, proof of address, etc.), in particular to avoid being victims of identity fraud and thus exposing them to risks of financial loss (non-payment, no insurance, etc.).
Mobility players have to fight against document fraud and identity theft. Why? To create a relationship of trust with their users. Here again, the KYC process is essential to integrate new users with complete peace of mind via enhanced identity checks (facial recognition, life detection).
Mobility solutions: the need for permanent improvement
Why? Always stay one step ahead!
More and more demanding users and increased competition
On the one hand, consumers are less and less loyal: for example, 47% of 16-24 year olds say they do not hesitate to change brands if they are not satisfied.
On the other hand, the mobility industry is constantly changing and new players are emerging. Transport companies must therefore stand out from the competition and be ever more agile.
Mobility Industry: which KPIs to use?
Relying on relevant KPIs allows to measure the evolution of user satisfaction during their digital experience. Whether it’s renting an electric scooter, registering on a carpooling site, finding a rental car or subscribing to public transport, which KPIs should be chosen?
- Conversion rates
- Average time spent on a page
- Bounce rate
- Churn rate
- Fraud rate
Identifying the difficulties encountered by the users is key so in order corrective actions can be implemented in near real time.
Ready to get your customers on board?
The transport and mobility industries are dynamic markets, and online and mobile reservations have exploded in recent years. Hence the need to offer a simple, secure digital experience, accessible to the greatest number of people… and scalable!